Festival House is a four-level retail and office building that is home to key Queensland arts organisations Artisan, Queensland Music Festival and Brisbane Festival. The venue provides tenants, their clients and potential sponsors with a highly-functional and visually appealing environment. It comprises a ground level retail and gallery space, three upper office levels, and a rear car parking area for tenants.
The building is situated in the western corner of Brunswick Street and Ivory Street, Fortitude Valley, and was constructed in 1890 as a tobacco factory for Dixon and Sons. It was later occupied in 1902 by clothing manufacturers Walker and Harris. Festival House was redeveloped in 1998 at a cost of $2.5 million under the Arts Queensland Accommodation Creativity Strategy, with the aim to bring several arts bodies together in one location to encourage collaboration and creative excellence.